Friday, May 6, 2016

I Didn’t Realize Just How Popular Crossword Puzzles Are!

Today I used Crossword Weaver to made a vocabulary review puzzle for my soon-to-be 5th grader.  She grabbed it and started excitedly solving the puzzle. My teenage daughter walked in and saw what was going on and informed me that her English teacher always passed out a crossword puzzle to help them prepare for vocabulary tests.
Of course, being in the business, I had to ask her what she thought of them. She said she liked them. It made it nice to have a method of study that was a little more fun.
Who knew? I guess a lot of teachers are using puzzles in many different ways.
You’ll notice in the puzzle below, a word bank has been provided for the kids. This is a great way to help younger children, or to include with a puzzle you are using early on in the teaching process.


No comments:

Post a Comment